Food Bank Trinidad and Tobago will:
- Provide food and related support to those needing help regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, income source, age or mental or physical ability.
- Treat all stakeholders and beneficiaries with the utmost dignity and respect.
- Open avenues for Corporate, Community Organizations and individuals to easily assist those in needs.
- Bridging the gap between Corporate, NGOs, Community Organizations, and individuals to meet the needs of those who are unable to acquire their basic food needs.
- Allocate food and monetary donations by Corporate entities and/or individuals, who wish to support the initiative of ensuring a country where “No one is left hungry”, to NGOs and community organizations in need.
- Will have full transparency and be accountability to all stakeholders
- Respect the privacy of our partners and clients. We will maintain the confidentiality of corporate and personal information.
- Not sell donated food or items.
- Acquire and share food in a spirit of cooperation with other food programs, NGOs, and Community Organizations.
- Act with honestly, integrity and accurately represent our stakeholders and their respective mission and activities to the larger community.
- Implement best practices in storage, handling and distribution to NGOs and Community Organizations.
This is what guides our work
A Country / Nation where no one is left hungry.
Be the umbrella body to coordinate with Corporate entities and Individuals to relieve hunger in Trinidad & Tobago.
We understand the suffering caused by hunger and are driven to eliminate hunger.
We will work in harmony with our partners to achieve shared goals.
We hold ourselves accountable for achieving the greatest possible impact with the resources entrusted to us.
We promote a culture of inclusiveness and mutual respect.
We act with honesty openness and transparency holding ourselves to the highest ethical standards.